Do you like huge clouds? Maybe you just like to feel the heat when you vape?
Cloud chasing isn’t my vaping style, but I gave this one a good go to see if it is a cloud chasers dream tank.
The Melo 300 from Eleaf is designed for high power vaping, and should satisfy most cloud chasers and flavor chasers.
It has a sextuple coil head allowing you to easily vape at 300 watts without the fear of a dry hit.
And boy does it chug some serious clouds!
If you’ve been looking for a tank with a lot of juice capacity that’s easy to use and performs well, you’ll want to read on as we dive deeper and find out whether this is a must buy super-tank…[/vc_column_text
IS THE MELO 300 A CLOUD CHASERS DREAM TANK?
The Melo 300 comes in two versions, 6.5ml and 3.5ml capacity tanks.
If you plan to use this at high watts then you’ll want to avoid the 3.5ml capacity one since you’ll go through juice like there’s no tomorrow.
The tank capacity is the biggest difference between the two.
It’s worth knowing that the 3.5ml tank does have a smaller chimney which may affect the flavor. I haven’t got the 3.5ml version to try so I can’t comment on this I’m afraid.
I got the larger version instead.
It has a diameter of 26mm and a height of 60mm. For a large tank I was relatively shocked by the fact that it doesn’t feel or look that big.
I’m also really impressed with the overall build quality. It’s top-notch, especially for the price.
One thing that might bother some of you a bit is that there’s no RTA section included in the package. Instead, you’ll have to use the bundled ES Sextuple-0.17 ohm heads.
Many of you will be familiar with single, dual, and even triple coils. The Melo 300 has six. Admittedly, this is by no means the largest number of coils we’ve seen in a tank, but it does bode well enough for massive clouds and tremendous flavor.
And you’ll be happy to know that the coils seem to last forever. I’ve been vaping on mine for over a month and it still produces good flavor. I’m pleasantly surprised.
The tank has an easy retractable slide top fill method for easy refills, though with the massive capacity, you’ll find yourself refilling less than usual.
If you get the Melo 300, you’ll find that it comes with the tank, two ES Sextuple-0.17 coil heads, one user manual, and a few spare parts.
Unfortunately, you don’t get a spare glass, which is a shame since this is the part most likely to break first. This is the biggest downfall for me.
The tank also does not take 510 drip tips. Not a huge deal for me, but if you have your own collection of drip tips, you won’t be able to use your favorite and this may put you off a little.
- 1 x Eleaf Melo 300 Sub-Ohm Tank
- 2 x Eleaf ES Sextuple 0.17ohm Atomizer Head
- 1 x Set of Spare O-Rings
- Dimensions: 2-9/16″ x 1″ (Including Drip Tip and Threads)
- Diameter: 26mm
- 510 Threaded Connector
- 6.5ml Capacity
- Retractable Top Fill System
- Dual Airflow Slots
- Knurled Precision Airflow Control Ring
- Glass Tank
- Utilizes Eleaf ES Six Coil Sextuple Coil Atomizer Heads for Variable Wattage
- Includes (2) Eleaf ES Sextuple Coil 0.17ohm Atomizer Head (100 – 300 Watts)
- Dual Coil, Single Coil, Nickel Atomizer Heads Available (Sold Separately)
- Wide Bore Drip Tip
- No Spare Glass – No spare glass included in the box means you’ll have to take extra care not to drop the tank
- Not Standard 510 Drip Tip – If you prefer to use your own 510 drip tip, you’ll be stuck here as it’s not a standard 510 drip tip and there’s no adapter
- No RTA Section Included – No RTA section means you’ll have to rely on the coil heads for the tan, which are pretty good. But I’d much prefer to to have the option to build my own!
- Performance – Flavor and Vapor Production is superb
- Lasting Coils – The coil heads last forever. Over a month of use and still no signs of degrading flavor and vapor
- Capacity – The massive 6.5ml capacity is useful if you’re vaping at high wattages. But it does mean you’ll use a LOT of juice
- Easy Top Fill – In case you do need to refill, the easy retractable slide top fill makes it a breeze
- Max 300 watts – For power users, the tank and coil heads can handle up to 300 watts of power
- Build Quality – Excellent build quality all around.
- Affordable – The price, in addition to the performance, makes the Melo 300 very attractive
SHOULD YOU GET THE MELO 300?
Not everyone is looking for a tank that blows clouds like Thomas the Tank Engine.
One thing that I’m pretty sure of, however, is that if you plan to buy a tank that match your preferences, you’ll want optimal performance with no leaking issues.
The Melo 300 does just that.
The large capacity, ease of use and affordable price point makes this a formidable combo that’s tough to beat.
While the Eleaf Melo 300 doesn’t necessarily suit my vaping style (I don’t tend to vape at super high watts), it does tick all the right boxes for high wattage vapers and cloud chasers alike.