Vaporesso comes knocking once again with their new Attitude Kit, a mod and tank combo with a polarizing design.
Love it or hate it, it’s a mod with “attitude” with the power and features to back it up.
With 80 watts of power and a slew of features to satiate any vaper’s needs, the question is, does it live up to the hype?
PACKAGING & DESIGN
Coming in a standard box with the usual image in front, there’s nothing much to say about the packaging. It’s what’s inside that counts.
Upon opening the box, you’ll be greeted by the mod itself, the Estoc Tank, one 0.5 ohm clapton coil, a 4ml glass extender, a spare o-ring kit, one micro USB cable, and a user manual.
Design-wise, the Attitude might remind you of the 60’s batmobile – curvy lines with a fin tail towards the rear. I’m not a huge fan of this design, but it does feel comfortable in the hand.
The fire button, OLED screen, and adjustment buttons can be found on the front of the device, with the USB socket on the side of the device.
Pretty standard layout, if you ask me.
- 1 x Attitude MOD
- 1 x Estoc Tank with EUC Ceramic coil 0.5ohm pre-installed
- 1 x Extra EUC Traditional 0.4ohm coil
- 1 x USB charger cable
- 1 x Replacement 4ml Glass tube with an adapter
- 2 x Cover lids
- Size: 81.6 x 46.9 x 24.3mm
- Voltage Range: 0 – 8.5V
- Output Wattage: 5-80W
- TC Range: 100-315°C/200F-600F
- Resistance Range: 0.05- 5 ohm
- Output Modes:Smart VW/ VT(Ni200/SS /Ti)/ TCR/ BYPASS/ CCW/ CCT
- Battery: 1 x 18650 battery (Not included)
- Display: 0.91″ OLED
- Casting: Zinc Alloy
- Thread: 510
- Size: 22 x 42mm
- Tank Capacity: 2ml / 4ml
- Coil: 0.5ohm EUC Ceramic coil; 0.4ohm EUC Traditional coil
OMNI BOARD DETAILS
- Supports Smart VW / VT(Ni200/SS /Ti) / TCR / BYPASS /CCW/ CCT modes
- CCW (Customized Curve of wattage)
- CCT (Customized Curve of temperature)
- Various protection
- Low voltage protection
- Output short circuit protection
- Low resistance protection
- Machine over-temperature protection
- Over current protection
- Load protection
- Timeout protection
- Anti-loaded battery protection
The Attitude is able to put out up to 80 watts of power and can be used with temperature control. It’s also capable of handling resistances up to 0.5 ohms and has temperature presets for Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel coils.
There is a TCR function which enables you to set the right temperature coefficient. The temperature range is from 200F to 600F, which is similar to what other mods offer.
Unfortunately, you can’t adjust wattage while in temperature mode, which is a big downer for me. The mod also has a CCW (Customised Curve Wattage) mode which lets you set the ramp temperature, much like pre-heating the coils.
You can also lock the resistance in TC mode to prevent fluctuations in readings. The device is firmware upgradable.
What I would like to see in a future update is an improvement of the menu system. Parts of it are super complicated.
For instance, while you’re in TC mode it takes too much navigating to get back to wattage mode. I had to read the instructions to figure it out the first time!
Any mod with a slew of features is always welcome, but sometimes this gives it a steep learning curve. It takes time to get used to the additional functions such as CCW and Temp Control, especially if you’re coming from simpler VW devices.
The Attitude is equipped with a 0.91′ OLED screen, which is easily readable in most lighting conditions.
It displays the usual information such as battery level, resistance, voltage, and power/temperature. It can also be rotated, which is a plus.
The battery door for the removable 18650 battery is held in place by strong magnets, however, there is some noticeable play with it.
While the door doesn’t rattle, you can feel it moving whenever you hold the mod. To me this makes it feel a little cheap.
Removing and putting the battery door can be a bit fiddly. You need to remove it properly using the center line as reference otherwise the door will get stuck.
The same goes with putting it back on. You’ll have to put it in bottom first for it to close properly. It takes some getting used to, but it does get easier once you’ve done it once or twice.
The Vaporesso Kit comes with its own tank called the Estoc Tank.
It looks like your average sub-ohm tank with air flow controls at the bottom and a top cap.
It’s a top-fill tank with a 2ml capacity. You can double the capacity by replacing the tank with the 4ml tank included.
The vapor and flavor from the coils is good, but not great, and if you do need replacements, they’re pretty cheap to buy.
Overall, it’s an average tank that satisfactory but not impressive. You do have the option to put your own tank on, but it will only fit tanks if they’re 23mm or less.
- Complicated menu system – Shifting from temp control to wattage mode shouldn’t take more than one or two presses
- Battery door – It doesn’t feel solid, moving from side to side
- No wattage control in temp mode – You can’t adjust wattage while in temp control, which is a bit odd
- Tanks over 23mm won’t fit – Because of the protruding tail, any tank more than 23mm in diameter won’t fit unless you use a heat sink
- Ergonomic – The design may be polarising, but there’s no denying it’s ergonomic grip
- Removable 18650 – Replacing batteries is easier than having to plug and charge all the time
- Smart wattage mode – A great feature to have, which you can turn off any time
- Temperature Control works well – Many mods include TC just for the sake of including it, but don’t work well. TC here works like a dream
- TCR memory settings – You can program your own settings and save two at a time
- Bypass mode – You can use the Attitude like a mech mod (not recommended for beginners)
- CCW Power Curve – You can easily ramp up temperature using the CCW mode
- Lock Resistance in TC mode – When using TC mode, your resistances change as you use it. This sometimes gives an unstable vape. By locking the resistance, TC mode becomes much more stable and pleasurable
- Firmware upgradeable – Any mod that lets you update its functions is always a plus
- Clicky buttons – It may not seem much, but the clicky buttons here give off a feeling of quality
SHOULD YOU GET THE ATTITUDE KIT?
The Vaporesso Attitude Kit has tons of features and loads of attitude.
While the design doesn’t warm up to me, it does feel great in the hand.
Whatever your take on the design, it is a mod that works well and gives great value for your money.
The included tank is not great by any measure, but it does the job and gives average flavor and vapor.