With the success of the original Cleito, Aspire has come out with the Cleito 120.
The company hopes to replicate (and maybe surpass) the success of the first by adding extra features in the 120.
But with all the bells and whistles, is the Cleito 120 a worthy upgrade? Or is it just riding on the hype train?
ASPIRE CLEITO 120
The first thing you’ll notice with the Cleito 120 is how nice it looks.
It has the usual airflow control at the bottom part, a top cap you can remove to top fill, and a decent 4ml capacity tank.
The name is derived from the fact that the tank’s coils are rated for use around 100-120 watts.
Aspire calls it “Maxi-Watt” and while it can handle up to 120 watts, the company suggests using it at around 75 to 100 watts.
Going higher will produce better flavor and vapor, but it will also become a very warm vape.
The coils are huge, about the same size as the TFV8’s, and they can take some time to break in. I found I had to use the coils for about two tankfuls before I got the optimum flavor.
An RTA deck is included, so if you don’t fancy the pre-built coils, you can always build your own.
Airflow of the tank is excellent, flavor is good, and vapor production is superb.
I’ve had no spit-back issues, though like the original Cleito, the 120 is most definitely a juice guzzler.
For those who love to swap drip tips with their own 510 collection, you’ll be disappointed to know that the 120 doesn’t have a removable mouthpiece, nor does it have a 510 adapter.
If you don’t like the drip tip, you’ll be stuck with it.
It’s by no means the best drip tip I’ve come across (it’s a little wider than I usually like), but I don’t mind it.
- 1 x Aspire Cleito 120 Tank
- 1 x Replacement Glass
- 1 x Aspire Tank Band
- 2 x Aspire Cleito 120 Kanthal Clapton 0.16 ohm Atomizer Heads
CLEITO 120 SPECS
- Dimensions: 2-5/16″ x 1″
- 510 Threaded
- Diameter: 25mm
- 4.0ml e-Liquid Capacity
- Top-Fill Design
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Glass Tank
- Innovative Triple Airflow System
- Adjustable Airflow Valve
- (2) Aspire Cleito 120 Kanthal Clapton 0.16ohm Atomizer Heads Included for Variable Wattage
- Designed for High Wattage Builds
- Enlarged Wicking Holes for Cloud Chasing
- Wide Bore Delrin Drip Tip Top Cap
While the flavor from the Cleito 120 coils is good, for me the coils in the Big Baby Beast outdo it.
The coils do last a long time, lasting me a good three weeks before needing a change.
I’m a huge fan of the original Cleito, and it seems to me that Aspire tried too hard to outdo the original that it ended up shooting itself in the foot.
Don’t get me wrong, the 120 is a good tank, but it’s not up there with the best of the best for me, unlike the original Cleito.
WHAT TO WATCH OUT FOR
I have a major issue with my Cleito 120. It has to do with the top cap.
If I screw the top cap on too tight, I find it impossible to remove it without dismantling the entire tank.
The amount of time spent and frustration i’ve had just trying to get the cap off really put me off using it at first, until I realized I had to stop putting it on so tight.
You can remedy this issue by not over-tightening the top cap, but I’m still annoyed by this design.
This is the biggest issue I have with the tank, and while it may not seem like a big deal to everyone, for me, having to take care not to screw the top cap too tightly gives another layer of responsibility to owning this tank. Refilling should not be
Refilling should not be chore, much less a frustrating endeavor.
- Non-Removable Drip Tip – Not a huge issue, but by not allowing me to use my own favorite drip tips is a big con for me.
- Top Cap – The tight top cap can be remedied by not screwing it on too tight, but in times where you do over-tighten, refilling becomes a pain.
- Design – The tank looks very nice and will look great with most mods.
- Airflow – Airflow is very good, easy to adjust, and does what it’s supposed to do.
- Included RTA – The pre-built coils has its flaws. To avoid them, you can them ditch them for good and opt to build your own.
- Extra Glass – It may not seem much, by by having an extra glass tube around, you won’t need to baby the tank too much.
- Vapor Production – Flavor is good, but vapor production is excellent.
- Affordable – If you are looking for a decent tank to play around with, the Cleito 120 is well priced to let you try it out without investing too much.
SHOULD YOU GET THE CLEITO 120
Far from being as great as the original, the Cleito 120 is a decent tank especially for the price.
Vapor production is top notch, and the flavor is good, but the amount of e-liquid it drinks will be a huge con for a lot of you.
Overall, it is a good tank. Just not a great one for me when compared to what’s out there.
If the original Cleito was still available everywhere to buy I have to be honest and tell you that I’d be more likely to recommend the original instead of the 120!